Winter 2019 Classes
At Eastpoint, we believe that following Jesus is simply better when we do it together! We encourage you to sign up for a Life Group or a class, so that you can get better connected and grow deeper in your faith.
Check out the list of groups and classes that we are offering for our Winter 2019 Semester.
How to register:
1. Click the 'Register Now' button below (also located at the bottom of the page).
2. In the new window, you will see all of our available Life Groups and Classes.
3. Click on a group or class that you are interested in joining. To the right of the screen, there will be an option to email the leader.
4. Email the leader expressing your interest in joining their group, and they will get right back to you!
We also offer weekly Life Groups. Life Groups are small groups of 8-16 adults who meet in homes throughout Greater Portland at various times during the week. Here is a map of our current Life Groups locations. Find out more about Life Groups here.
Next Step Classes
- Starting Point: is a conversational environment where you can explore faith and experience community. If you are new to faith, are returning to church, or have questions, this is the place for you. Starts February 3rd and 4th |Sundays at 1pm and Mondays at 6:30pm | No cost
- Following Jesus: Learn how to stay connected with Jesus and how you can be a blessing to God and to others. Starts January 29th | Tuesdays at 6:30pm | No cost
- Changed Mind, Changed Heart - This class teaches how it is truly possible to “take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ” as you learn the fundamentals of Christian self-coaching. Starts January 29th | Tuesdays @ 6pm | No cost
- Philippians Bible Study – We will begin by studying the book of Philippians, often referred to as the “Book of Joy”. Starts January 29th | Tuesdays at 9am | No cost
- Confidence - A six week scripture based study on discovering who God says you are. For new Christians and those seeking a deeper understanding. Starts January 31st | Thursdays at 6:30pm | no cost
- Jesus, the One and Only - A study by Beth Moore, that enables the participants to get to know and love Jesus on a deeper level. Starts January 29th | Tuesdays at 9:30am | Will need to purchase study book “Jesus, the One and Only” by Beth Moore
- This Is The Day (Men's Class) - In this inspirational series, Heisman Trophy winner, Tim Tebow, shares stories from his life to illustrate what it means to seize each day for God’s glory. Runs 4 weeks (Jan 31-Feb 22) Thursdays at 6:30pm | No cost | Will need to purchase “This is The Day” by Tim Tebow
- Be A Godly Man - This study invites men to embrace God’s definition of masculinity and to step into His calling upon their lives to wield their strength on behalf of others. Runs 4 weeks (Feb 28-March 21) Thursdays at 6:30pm | $5 fee for workbook
- 7 Questions that Rattle in the Minds of Most Men - This is a small group experience that enables you to explore God’s design for manhood. Starts January 31st | Thursdays at 6am | no cost
Freedom Groups and Classes
These groups and classes gather to equip people to live the victorious and abundant life promised in Jesus. They build on biblical truths and principles to help us break free from what may be holding us back.
- Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University: With Dave Ramsey’s class Financial Peace University, you CAN take control of your money and start planning for your future. Sundays @ 11am (starts Feb 3rd) and Thursdays @ 6pm (starts Feb 7th) | *Children's program available for the Sunday class | $109 cost due at start of class |
- Conquer Series: (Men's class only) This series equips men with knowledge and tools to get back to and stay on a path of sexual purity. Wednesdays at 6:30pm | $30 for books
- Fresh Start- Alcoholics Anonymous: This is an open discussion beginner's meeting. Wednesdays at 7pm | No cost | Registration not required, you can simply show up.
- GriefShare: This is a program to help people who are grieving the loss of a loved one and helps you move forward with rebuilding your life around your loss. Mondays at 6pm | No cost
- Cancer Prayer and Support Group: Anyone whose life has been touched by cancer, whether you're a patient, survivor, caregiver, or a friend/family member of someone who has cancer, join this supportive and caring group. First Monday of every month at 6pm | No cost | Registration not required, you can simply show up.